PHIL KEOGHAN, HOST OF CBS’S TEN TIME EMMY AWARD WINNING SHOW “THE AMAZING RACE” WILL TRAVEL THE UNITED STATES TO SCREEN HIS CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED DOCUMENTARY FEATURE FILM, LE RIDE.
Click HERE to Watch a Trailer for LE RIDE
Bill Gosden NZIFF Director
A charming and emotionally-moving film!
★★★★1/2 New Zealand Herald
A story that deserves to be called an "Amazing Race”
★★★★ Sunday Star Times
Whether you're a cyclist, Francophile or armchair adventurer, Le Ride will delight and inspire.
North and South Magazine
Engaging and surprisingly emotional filmmaking tour de force!
LE RIDE is about the first English speaking team to ride in the toughest sporting event on earth, The Tour de France. In 1928 a small under-resourced, untested team from New Zealand and Australia lined up in Paris next to Europe’s best riders. One hundred and sixty riders started and only 41 finished!
Phil Keoghan has literally brought this remarkable underdog story back to life riding an original 1928 steel bicycle with no gears, retracing the exact route and sticking to the same schedule. It was an average of 150 miles a day, completely circumnavigating France for a total of 3,338 miles in just 26 days, including the ‘Death Stage’ which took Phil almost 24 hours to complete.
“ … it’s the most brutal challenge I’ve ever faced, insane distances over the world’s toughest mountains, but this is a story I really felt I had to bring back to life,” said Phil Keoghan. “Many experts considered the Australasian team to be a complete joke. More riders failed to finish the 1928 tour than any other in history. This was a hell on wheels race of attrition that was designed to eliminate as many riders as possible, most of the roads were unpaved; the course was almost twice as long as today’s Tour de France and the bikes weighed twice as much as a modern racing bike.”
LE RIDE is the first 4K (equivalent to Super 35mm film) documentary feature shot with Sony’s F55 camera and supported with Angenieux Optimo Lens, delivering a true love letter to France, featuring stunning cinematic aerial shots in the Pyrenees and French Alps. .
LE RIDE recently screened at SXSW and was the second highest grossing film at the New Zealand Film Festival. Le Ride was the opening night film at the Louisville International Film Festival where it won the Festival Favorite Award.
After THE AMAZING RACE season 29 premieres on CBS March 30th at 10pmET/PT, Phil started his nation wide tour as the Opening Night Film at the American Documentary Film Festival and won the Best Director Award.
LE RIDE will then play in the following cities:
· March 31: Palm Springs, Calif. - Opening film American Documentary Film Festival.
· April 6: Salt Lake City (benefiting the Huntsman Cancer Institute) - Click here for tickets.
· April 13: Minneapolis (benefiting The MS Society) – Click here for tickets
· April 14: San Francisco (benefiting The MS Society) – Click here for tickets
· April 15: Sacramento CA (benefiting CAHP Widows & Orphans) – click here for tickets
· April 16: Modesto, Calif. (benefiting Jessica’s House) – Click here for tickets
· April 17: Chicago (benefiting The MS Society) – Click here for tickets
· April 18: New York City (benefiting iMentor) – Click here for tickets
· April 19: Washington DC (benefiting Harry Watson Memorial) – Click here for tickets
· April 20: Los Angeles (benefiting Variety) – Click here for tickets
· April 27: Portland, Oregon (benefiting Harry Watson Memorial) – Click here for tickets
· April 29: Ontario, Calif. (benefiting Katie Berry/Addison’s) – Click here for tickets
LE RIDE was produced and written by Phil Keoghan and Louise Keoghan.
For more detailed information on Phil’s National Tour of LE RIDE contact:
Mallory Mason 818-655-1596 email@example.com
Christine Park 818-655-1597 firstname.lastname@example.org
Phil Website: http://philkeoghanleride.com/
Amazing Race Website http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/.
Amazing Race www.facebook.com/amazingrace
Amazing Race: www.twitter.com/amazingrace_cbs
Amazing Race: @TheAmazingRace_CBS
Amanda Beane 818-655-1545 email@example.com
Kathleen Holloway 212-975-8533 firstname.lastname@example.org